3 Things to Keep in Mind when Writing Content for Your Mechanic Website
Many people wonder whether writing web content is any different from writing blogs or articles. The fact is that creating web content is a highly creative process; unlike print materials, online visitors only give a cursory glance to the text. They have very short attention spans and literally thousands of options they can access at the click of a finger. This is why they just skim through the pages when looking for any information online about your auto repair shop.
It goes without saying that if they don’t find what they are looking for quickly on your site, they will surely move on to the next site of the search results pages. Statistics have shown that the average viewer won’t linger for over 10-20 seconds on a website before leaving, which means you have just that much time to grab the visitors’ attention.
This also means, your content has to be engaging, easy to read and on point if you want your viewers to stay and delve deeper into your site and check out the services or products you offer. Here are some effective tips for creating great web page content:
- Make sure you have relevant content that provides value to the reader
When an internet user types a topic into the search box on a search engine, they expect the results to provide them information that will be relevant to their search. If they do click on your website and find outdated or irrelevant information, they will simply move on to the next results to find what they need.
- Make sure your content is easy to read and concise
As mentioned at the outset, online visitors simply skim through the content on sites and want to be able to review the information quickly. Some of the things you should focus on include:
- Stay on the topic and provide all the relevant information in a crisp and concise manner.
- In addition to being concise, you also need to focus on the readability aspect; this means you need to use the right fonts and sizes.
- Choose a good layout for the content.
- Maintain proper spaces between lines.
- Don’t cram too much information onto one page.
- Make sure you use bullet points as that makes it easy to read the content.
- Maintain the same layout on all the pages on your website.
- In addition, intersperse the content with images, videos and infographics to garner the interest of visitors.
Check out this cool article from QuickSprout on more content writing tips.
- Stay on topic
Visitors generally search for very specific information and become frustrated quickly if they are compelled to sift through large amounts of information to find exactly what they need. If you offer a wide range of services or have a very broad topic to cover, consider breaking the content down and introducing not more than one topic in each paragraph. In addition, add links within the content linking to the other pages on your website; this helps users navigate your site easily and find the information they need.
Write with SEO in mind, but write for your audience and not for search engines, Following these pointers will help you keep visitors riveted to your site; in turn this will increase sales and profits for your company.