7 Essential Marketing Tips For Your Auto Repair Shop
Auto repair shops have a specific target market, and therefore it’s crucial to develop your own marketing plan. Gone are the days when auto repair shops could rely on traditional forms of marketing. These days it’s all about staying ahead of the curve, and we’ll tell you how to market your business effectively.
A new marketing strategy for your auto repair shop will be useful whether your business is new, or you have a competitor who’s just launched down the road. The business of automobile repairs is becoming increasingly competitive, so you need to be competitive too.
Here are the 7 things you should know before you start a marketing campaign:
- Invest time in learning everything you can about your target market. There are crucial types of data you should analyze that can help you market your business more effectively. Some of the information you should study includes: the data, personal and spending habits, and interests of your potential customers. Without this data, you may be marketing towards a male-dominated audience but research could reveal that women are bigger spenders when it comes to car maintenance decisions.
- Find out who your competitors are and learn what they are doing. This is especially important if your competitors are within a close vicinity, which makes competition even tougher. If they are offering special payment plans, discounts, sales, and packages that you aren’t aware of, you could be losing potential business to them.
- If your shop is already well-established, extract as much data as you can from your operations platform. Focus on the highest-spending customers and dive deep into their demographics to find out more about how you can effectively cater to their needs and attract them to your shop.
- Find out what your unique selling point is and what differentiates you among competitors in your area. What service or product do you offer that other nearby auto repair shops don’t have? Knowing what differentiates you from others can be your key marketing focus because you can communicate that message more to your potential audience.
- Go the extra mile by investing in your existing customers, especially those that spend the most at your shop. Staying in touch with your existing customers through the right channels, such as social medial newsletters, referral offers, and more can show the customer that they are valued and will keep them coming back to your auto repair shop.
- Evaluate the online presence of your shop and see what people are saying. If you don’t have a digital marketing strategy for your auto repair shop, this should be on your priority list. Without an online presence, consider your auto repair shop invisible these days!
- Be active in your local community by engaging your auto repair shop with the right media relations and local events. Customers prefer to spend their money on businesses that they know already care about the local community, or whom they have interacted with by networking.
When it comes to marketing your auto repair shop, there are so many opportunities around you. Presence, communication, and being online are the most important, but it’s also critical to know who your customers really are.