Why Your Auto Shop Needs A Mobile Responsive Website
As an auto shop owner, you need to stand out and make sure prospective customers choose you over other options available to them. When you create a website, you lay the foundation for your online identity and can distinguish yourself from your competitors.
This means your online presence, including your website, should be clean and informative. Most modern websites are designed for modern audiences and systems but you still need to make sure that yours is responsive and SEO-friendly. Here’s what you need to know about mobile responsive websites:
What is a Mobile Responsive Website?
A mobile responsive website is a portal designed to look and function well on all platforms, including mobile phones. These websites look great on smaller and bigger screens and are user-friendly on all platforms. Mobile responsive websites usually don’t cost more than regular websites so there’s no reason why you shouldn’t invest in one.
Why Does your Auto Shop Need a Mobile Responsive Website?
- Load times matter – Modern Internet users have short attention spans and expect quick responses. They want the websites they visit to load in 2 to 4 seconds but most websites take 19 to 20 seconds. Mobile responsive websites are lighter and faster so the load times will be short. This ensures your prospective customers will linger longer on your website.
- Design and accessibility – As mentioned before, mobile responsive websites are designed to look good and function well on mobile platforms. All the links on the website are easy to click and there’s enough white-space to help with touch-screen scrolling. Regular websites aren’t designed with these considerations in mind so you need to make sure your website is responsive.
- SEO and reputation – Mobile responsiveness is essential if you want to utilize SEO because it’s a ranking factor. Google and Bing will rank mobile responsive websites higher in the search engines results pages so unless your competitors also use traditional websites, your platform will become lost in the crowd.
- Future performance – Mobile responsive websites are relatively future-proof. The search volume on mobile has surpassed desktop so desktop-only websites are nearly obsolete. However, mobile responsive websites look good on all platforms, including desktop, smart televisions, and tablets. They are still relevant and will continue to be relevant for several years to come. That makes them a worthwhile investment.
- User experience – Mobile responsive websites provide a fairly painless user experience. They’re quick to load, easy to browse through, and attractive in design. All of these factors have an impact on the user experience and that has an impact on your auto shop’s overall reputation. If you want to ensure your customers have a pleasant experience on your website and remember your brand, you need to make sure it is of good quality and responsive. If your website doesn’t perform will on mobile phones, you won’t be able to retain their attention for long.
As you can see, a mobile responsive website is vital if you want to succeed with digital marketing and draw more customers to your shop. Check to see if your auto repair website is mobile friendly with Google’s free tool.