Local marketing strategies are one of the most cost-effective yet efficient ways of reaching your most relevant auto repair customers. These tactics are ideal for small and medium-sized businesses that don’t have the resources or budget to consistently test out new technologies or marketing strategies just to get in front of local customers.
Here’s what you can do:
- Localized content marketing: Being an expert in a specific industry gives you an edge over other competitors, which gives you more authority to provide authoritative and trustworthy content that your local customers can relate to. Content marketing is becoming increasingly crucial in today’s competitive digital world, but when you use localized content, it will immediately put you above the rest.
- Social media: Using Facebook’s micro targeting options can help you reach potential customers, even enabling you to search for them down to their zip code and interests. Facebook Ads can also reach people who’ve already been to your site – all you need to do is put an invisible Facebook pixel on your website, then when a customer visits your page again they are automatically tagged. When those customers open their Facebook feed, they’ll be exposed to advertisements about your business, giving you warm leads that can convert at a faster rate than cold leads.
- Mobile-friendly: Many of your potential customers will find you first on mobile. Make sure that your web design is mobile-friendly in order to easily lure the customers who are doing local searches, because a site that isn’t optimized for mobile can easily turn customers off.
- Partner with local influencers: Look for local niche influencers that are specific to your town, city, or state. These local niche influencers, also referred to as micro-influencers, may be everyday people who have a small yet dedicated following on their social media channels. Getting in touch with them can help you multiply your business’s brand exponentially, enabling your voice to appear in thousands, or even millions of users’ social media feeds whenever they log in. Although micro-influencers have a following that may be fractional to that of a celebrity, their messages are more relevant and can definitely pack a punch.
- Add a human voice to your brand: No matter where in the world you are, your brand is still marketing to umans, and humans respond to emotions. When you position your brand behind a mission intended to solve needs or problems that humans face, you can overcome cultural differences in order to cater to your market. By working closely with your team, you can develop a marketing campaign that can touch at the emotions of your consumers. It’s also important to keep in mind that you should be talking like the locals – by following the vernacular that tends to differ from coast to coast. Another way of relating to the local culture is the appropriate use of imagery – using photos that speak to people of a certain location gives customers a reassuring sense of comfort with your brand.
These simple yet time-tested strategies can help your auto repair shop gain visibility to local customers without having to invest too much in time or resources.